Accessible VTI image for blind users

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Accessible VTI image for blind users

Dear VTi comunity,

I want ask you about possibilities of implementing a accessibility feature for blind users of your image. Is it possible integrate a voice sintetizer like Espeak for possibilities to navigate over the box menu and all these settings? I thing that no problem for you to implement this option and I must say that will be a big help for me and for other blind people. Can yo provide me a information if is possible, or no? I hope that this thread is in correct forum.

Thanks so much for your help.
    • Hi,

is there a chance to get an screen Reader for the vti image? I know, that the Receiver from
      AMMEC
      can talk with blind people. It should be possible to contact them? Know you an plugin for screen reading software?

Would be nice to use the Receiver without help of a people with good eyes.
    • Hi,

is there a chance to get espeak tts running on VTI? That would be a great Help for so many people. I hope so, that someone can give us good news.

best regards
    • Please, please don't get me wrong, but why would a visibly impaired person benefit from an STB (as he/she can't see the result anyways?). Okay, impaired with some vision left I can relate to, but completely blind? For radio services there are plenty options.. But please don't get me wrong! Just curious...
    • Hi,,

at first it is no problem to ask such a question.
      in my mind it is just curious, that there is the picture, that impaired can't do anything. Okay, I'm blind and an other person has no arms but the technic is so good, that we can go normally to work and use our PC or use SmartHome to make our live easier.

If blind people would watch TV or a Movie, there is many content with
      Audio description.
      An Receiver with Text to Speech would give blind people the freedom to configure and use it without help.
    • Like I said.. Im am not offending you (or any other blind or impaired person) I was just curious why.
      Please don't feel offended.. I can fully relate how mutually impaired people can have some form of symbiosis....
    • Hello a lot of settings and information are accessible via the Openwebif server of tipe VTI systems, as also the recordings and programs of each channel, if available.

So a computer for the blind, with the tools to read web pages would not be a solution, for everyday use.
      Spoiler anzeigen

Vu+ Ultimo 4K & Vu+ DUO 4K SE ;; 2 or 1 DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X) und DVB-T NIM(TT3L10) ; HDD 2T ; VTi-Team Image 15.0.0 (2021-02-01-vti-master (531279a93))
      Vu+ Solo 4K ; 2x DVB-S NIM(7376 FBC) und DVB-T NIM(TT3L10 ; HDD 1T ;VTi-Team Image 15.0.0 (2021-02-01-vti-master (531279a93))
      enigma2-plugin-skin-linearfhd (v4.4.1)
      Oscam WebInterface r11704-798
      SAT 13E;28,2E;5W;9E
      @20220214 update
    • That's right but many settings and plugins have no WebInterface and it would be nice to use them or configure the boxes without a second person.