Recording with CI+

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Recording with CI+

Hello, I'm considering Vu+ decoder to use with DVB-C signal through CI+ (UPC Poland). I haven't found straight answer about recording on CI+. Is there possibility to record many streams with CI+? I've found something about "afterwards descrambling" and I understand that Vu+ is recording encrypted streams on HDD and decrypts it "on the go" while playing. So it can record multiple channels at the same time (depends on tuner, but with FBC tuner) and then play one recording at the same time. Did I understand it right?
    • You understand right, with the addition that the Vu+ also descrambles all scrambled recordings of the day during night (or any other time interval you choose) when being in standby. The advantage is, that because the keys to descramble normally change in a matter of days, so you might be stuck with a scrambled recording that you cannot open, if you view it let's say weeks later.

But since they are automatically descrambled at night, they are afterwards completely clean and viewable at any time. This feature works quite well and honestly better than I expected ;)
      So you can record up to the maximum tuner capacity of scramble programm in parallel and descramble later :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Coxeroni ()

• It primarily works with the VTI image (its homebase being here ;) ) and any of the "new" boxes if I am correct. It is anyway advised to buy one of the "4k" nowadays, which all of them support the delayed descrambling.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Coxeroni ()